Here are some of the unique features of Vancouver Island and its educational environment:
- Most people living on the island were born in Canada and are native English speakers, thus making the island ideal for learning the language and local culture.
- The natural environment of the island, which features clean air and ready access to the ocean on long, white-sand beaches, gives students direct experience of how life is lived in harmony with nature.
- International high school students may obtain the British Columbia high school graduation certificate by graduating from Grade 12 in a BC school district.
- In each BC school district students can enjoy world class skiing, snowboarding, golfing, kayaking, surfing, whale watching, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, shopping and entertainment - all only minutes apart.
- As well as academic subjects, students have outstanding opportunities for study in business and technology education, performing and fine arts, sports and outdoor recreation.
- After high school graduation, students can continue studying at any of the other top-ranked Canadian colleges and universities.